Monday, February 25, 2008

Ananya's mood improves!

Oh I almost forgot - Ananya is returning to the baby I remember. Happy, cheerful, playful, wilful - which is great to see. For a while she was this listless baby that just layed there and stared. She's still v. deconditioned which surprises the surgeons a little I think. Prior to the transplant she was walking with help, now she won't really even sit up on her own. Her legs are also much skinnier than they were before - so she's going to need some major physical therapy. But honestly, I am surprised at how backward Ishani went functionally. Hopefully it won't take her too long to physically return to herself as well. As a parent - its hard to be patient. Once we get out of the hospital, I'll edit some of these posts with pictures..

No comments: